FISHERMAN OF KEFKEN
The seas are one of the sources that human beings at the top of the feeding
system rashly consume. Because of the uncontrolled fish hunting, we were faced with the danger of the
depletion of the sea life and the destruction of the ecosystem. I aimed to focus on that danger with my
Project called “Fishermen of Kefken”
Osman Demir has graduated from the Department of Photography at
Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University. He currently studies his master degree in the same university.
Following a new documentarian approach, Demir adopts working with multidisciplinary approaches. His works
were exhibited in festivals and galleries in Turkey and abroad.
• With his project of “GYPSIES”, he won the “Moon and Star’s Young Photographers” contest held in Boston,
U.S.A in 2013, first prize.
• He was chosen as one of “Akbank Today’s Artists” created by Aksanat in 2016; with his “GEÇMİŞ-GELECEK”
• He was a participant of the team won the big Leica prize with “SÜRGÜN” (EXILE) project in “Photokina Fair”
held in Cologne, Germany by participating as Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University, Photography Department in
September of 2016.
• In 2012, his installation named “THE PHONE” was exhibited in International 3rd Antakya Biennale.
• In November 2012, his video work named “INTERVIEW ROOM” was exhibited in Wien, Austria.
• In November 2014, he participated in the “Digital Obscura” team in International Istanbul Art Fair with
his “SWEET BOY” work.
• In 2015, he participated in the “Digital Obscura” team in International Istanbul Art Fair with his “LIFE
OF MEMORY” work.
• In September 2015, he participated in Bursa Fotofest with his “ON THE NATURE OF IMMIGRANT” exhibition.
• In April 2017, he held his own exhibition, “UNTITLED”, in “Lomography Embassy Store Istanbul’.
• In May 2017, his “THE PHONE” installation was exhibited in Bilgi University with Taşeron Sanat
• In August 2017, he held his own exhibition named “SALAMIS” in 43th National Stereoscopic Photography
Festival in Los Angeles, U.S.A.
• He participated in Tuyap Artist Art Fair held between 4 and 12 October 2017, with his work named “UTOPIA”
together with “Digital Obscura” team.